Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Searching for my inner blogger

I recently remembered that I had created a lot of blogs in the past, so I went to go look for my little literary "chitlins" which I had so cruelly left to fend for themselves in the world wide web.  I was partially successful.

I found my xanga and my livejournal.  It was hilarious to look at what I wrote from two or three years ago and find that I was so negative and was sometimes pretty eloquent about my negativeness if I do say so myself.

But I could not find my Hotmail Live Space.  And you know why?  Because Hotmail no longer offers that service anymore.  And do you know what that means for us lowly former users of their live space service?  We don't have access to our accounts anymore because they have been deleted!!  Yes, Hotmail did the unthinkable and deleted all my old entries that I took hours of my precious time scratching my head to write on their increasingly confusing interface!!!  How dare they!  My memories are gone.  I will never remember what I wrote down back then when I felt the compulsion to write and immortalize my thoughts.  Judging from what I wrote in my xanga and my livejournal, there was only good juicy stuff in my live space, which has now been deleted and gone off the face of the earth.  The only way I can retrieve my memories is if Hotmail saved the data that was on live spaces onto a database and they allow me access to that database and get back what is rightfully mine.  This is outrageous!!  They should have at least let me know about it so I could have saved whatever I could have saved.  I am not a happy camper right now.

I used to have 2 xanga accounts, but the impulsive me decided one day long ago to delete the one whose title included "xoxchynaxdollxox."  I wonder what would have possessed me to delete that account?  Aside from the unfortunate name of the blog, I really wish I hadn't deleted it so I could see what was bothering my 15 year old self so much that I had to write it down and prove to people that I had a point.  Regrets, regrets.

No comments:

Post a Comment